Self-Introduction Draft

 

Subject: Self-Introduction

Dear Professor Brad,

My name is Muhammad Zulfadhli and I am a year 1 student studying civil engineering in Singapore Institute of Technology. I am a student in your effective communication class. I was from Temasek Polytechnic and graduated in 2019 with a diploma in mechatronics.  

 

When it comes to hobbies, I enjoy spending my time outside with the people close to me such as my friends and family. I don’t necessarily need something to do to enjoy myself. What I love to do most is relaxing by the beach at night with my friends and have dinner while we chat until midnight. It is also a way of clearing my mind after a long week of juggling between work and school.

 

One weakness that I possess is that I am not able to convey my message smoothly and clearly whenever I present to an audience. Even after preparing and having all the information for a certain presentation I will tend to take pauses in between to process what I want to say next. I feel it all boils down to self-confidence which I personally think I lack.

 

One strength that I feel that I have is that I am able to project my voice very well and speak clearly so that my audience is able to understand me. I personally think that I have a loud voice. This is important as everyone in your audience must be able to keep up with what you are saying and understand the message that you are trying to get across.

 

My goal after completing this module is to improve my critical thinking skills like being able to give a clear response whenever someone asks me questions during a presentation. Secondly, I would like to improve my English overall such as widening the use of vocabulary to be able to provide more detailed description whenever I am communicating in general.

 

Best Regards,

Muhammad Zulfadhli


Comments

  1. Dear Zul,

    I like that your points are well elaborated, clear. It has a good flows from point to point. I can understand you deeper as a person. However, your last paragraph says "My goals.....is", I suppose there's a grammar issue. Other than this, your letter is great.

    Cheers
    Chin Wai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Zul,

    A good flow of this self-introduction letter. From the start till the end, the coherence is good from one paragraph to another. A good point for indicating how you intend to overcome your weakness from this module.

    There is one error which i thought can be pointed out in your third paragraph, in the sentance "Even after preparing and having all the information for a certain presentation I will tend to take pauses in between to process what I want to say next." , a comma could be added after the word "presentation" and then continue with "I will tend..." as the sentence seems quite long, a small pause would be great. Other than that, the letter is great and keep up the good work Zul!

    Best regards,
    Hakim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Zul,

    Thank you for this articulate, detailed letter. It's clear, succinct and informative. You do a good job addressing the assignment brief as you share your educational background and hobbies, your strength and needs in terms of communication skills and your goals. It's especially interesting for us readers to learn about how you value friendship and chill time. What you might have shared a bit about is your motivation for studying engineering and the 'work' you refer to.

    As mentioned, this letter is fluent, which is quite an accomplishment.

    I look forward to learning more about you this term.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Reflection

Technical Report #Draft 2